Friday 13 March 2015

Clearing the Cobwebs...

My sincerest apologies for the lack of updates for what seems like an eternity, Some things happened that made posting impossible until fairly recently rest assured I should be able to start posting a lot more frequently (once a week is what I am aiming for!).

In terms of scientific advancements on my end, things have been interesting to say the least, bot just inside of my BTEC course but in the labs in general, here is a list of some of the most recent developments as of today:


  • Our new 3D printers arrived (and all the assembly that comes along with them!) - So after finding out just how useful the first 3D printer was we decided to get more, A lot more, George (Our highly skilled 'Lab Tech'' and all round cool guy) has been working around the clock to get them ship shape and ready to go, they could have come at a greater time because, due to a successful visit from the awesome guys from Liverpool John Moore's University we where invited to be a part of the Liverpool Makerfest taking place in... June or July (I will post the date once I've double checked when it is!), we have been given a panel which we plan on using to show off how 3D printing can benefit the Scientific workplace, I have decided to design and print a remote control stabilized with several helium balloons (imagine a blimp) with a wireless camera of some sort to video the event from the skies! here's hoping no one else attending has the same idea!
  • We have completed Unit 13 - Unit 13 was a challenging Biochemistry task focused mainly on protein, enzyme and DNA structure, and how the structure of these molecules affects their function, there was also a heavy emphasis on the properties of water as well as the conditions in which enzyme activity are effected.
There is more I would love to go into but I'm struck for time at the moment, I will post again sometime next week (I'm thinking Wednesday) with what I've missed in this post and any other updates that may come up!

Bye for now and again, terribly sorry for my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment